Monday, February 13, 2006

A must read

Hat tip to Tammy Bruce!

Mark Steyn on the Toon Deaf.

Toon-deaf Europe is taking the wrong stand

From Europe's biggest-selling newspaper, the Sun: ''Furious Muslims have blasted adult shop [i.e., sex shop] Ann Summers for selling a blowup male doll called Mustafa Shag."...In a world in which Danish cartoons insult the prophet and Disney Piglet mugs insult the prophet and Burger King chocolate ice-cream swirl designs insult the prophet, maybe it would just be easier to make a list of things that don't insult him. Nonetheless, the Muslim Association wrote to the Ann Summers sex-shop chain, "We are asking you to have our Most Revered Prophet's name 'Mustafa' and the afflicted word 'shag' removed."...

If I were a Muslim, I'd be "hurt" and "humiliated" that the revered prophet's name is given not to latex blowup males but to so many real blowup males: The leader of the 9/11 plotters? Mohammed Atta. The British Muslim who self-detonated in a Tel Aviv bar? Asif Mohammed Hanif. The gunman who shot up the El Al counter at LAX? Heshamed Mohamed Hedayet. The former U.S. Army sergeant who masterminded the slaughter at the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania? Ali Mohamed. The murderer of Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh? Mohammed Bouyeri. The notorious Sydney gang rapist? Mohammed Skaf. The Washington sniper? John Allen Muhammed. If I were a Muslim, I would be deeply offended that the prophet's name is the preferred appellation of so many killers and suicide bombers on every corner of the earth.


Bravo. Bravo. Bravo.



3 Comments:

At 14/1/09 02:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The game gives me a lot of happy,and when i miss the 2moons dil i will go to play it,so I often go to earn the 2moons gold to be strong.Sometimes my friends will give some 2moon dil to me and they also take me to play the game. I began to no longer satisfy with the present equipment, so I have to find a friend, a friend gave me a thing.I would not go to buy 2moons dil,i like the game very much.If you want to play it,join us and then cheap 2moons gold.Please do not hesitate to play the game.

 
At 4/2/09 01:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like play online game, I also buy silkroad goldand sro gold, the silkroad online gold is very cheap, and use the silk road gold can buy many things, I like cheap silkroad gold, thanks, it is very good.

 
At 6/3/09 04:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do want to know the magic of online games, and here you can get more mabinogi gold. Do you want to have a try? Come on and cheap mabinogi can make you happy.You can change a lot mabinogi money for play games. And you can practice your game skill. Playing online games can make much buy mabinogi gold. I often come here and buy it. And you can use the mabinogi online gold do what you want to do in the online game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home