Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What Will Europe Really Do?

Hat tip to Uriasposten.

Very good article from RealClearPolitics - Victor Davis Hanson on Europes future. Excerpts from What Will Europe Really Do?:

“Nothing is quite as surreal as the Islamic world’s fury at the liberal and innocuous Danes. How could anyone wish to burn their embassies and kill their citizens, when they have always offered all the politically correct, multicultural platitudes and welcomed in any and all from the Middle East? […]

Do the Europeans sense that the more open, free-wheeling and non-judgmental the culture, the more it is hated by the jihadists? If Europe as a whole is more pro-Palestinian than the United States, disapproved of Iraq, and yet is still hated as much, is magnanimity at last exposed as appeasement—earning only contempt from an emboldened enemy? […], So now Europe is being thrust right into the middle of the so-called war against Islamic fascism. Once threatened, it will either react with a newly acquired Churchillian maturity to protect its civilization, or cave, in hopes that even more Chamberlain-type appeasement will satisfy the Islamists.

It should be a fascinating spring ahead.”

The Islamofascists only respect force and standhaftness.

3 Comments:

At 15/2/06 14:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Europe will have to defend itself or perish.

Appeasement is a dead end.

 
At 14/1/09 02:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the GuildWars Gold because i like to meet it. I want to earn the Guild Wars Gold to make me strong. I also want to get many gw gold because I want to give my friends a lot of GuildWars money, so i have to try my best to get more and more cheap gw gold to add my stock to have enough money to give my friends.

 
At 4/2/09 01:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like play online game, I also buy twelve sky Gold and12sky gold, the twelvesky Gold is very cheap, and use the 12Sky Silver Coins can buy many things, I like12 sky gold, thanks, it is very good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home