Tuesday, February 14, 2006

We were raised to hate

A arabic woman wrote this yesterday in the Daily Telegraph. Hat tip to Angantyrs hjørne (danish site).

Muslims are the victims? Imagine we brought up our children like this? Yesterday in the Danish news they showed a demonstration with kids maybe 10 or less years old in Palestine. The kids were carrying banners I could not read and Danish flags. But what shocked me was them carrying a coffin wrapped in the Danish flag. Do these ignorants have any idea, what they are doing to their children? They will grow up as haters and perhaps killers. I feel so sorry for those kids.

The picture above is from the Goggle half censored blog: The Study of Revenge. Read more here.

Criticism and questioning were forbidden. When I did either of these, I was told: "Muslims cannot love the enemies of God, and those who do will get no mercy in hell." As a young woman, I visited a Christian friend in Cairo during Friday prayers, and we both heard the verbal attacks on Christians and Jews from the loudspeakers outside the mosque. They said: "May God destroy the infidels and the Jews, the enemies of God. We are not to befriend them or make treaties with them." We heard worshippers respond "Amen".

My friend looked scared; I was ashamed. That was when I first realised that something was very wrong in the way my religion was taught and practised. Sadly, the way I was raised was not unique. Hundreds of millions of other Muslims also have been raised with the same hatred of the West and Israel as a way to distract from the failings of their leaders. Things have not changed since I was a little girl in the 1950s

Arab society has created a system of relying on fear of a common enemy. It's a system that has brought them much-needed unity, cohesion and compliance in a region ravaged by tribal feuds, instability, violence, and selfish corruption. So Arab leaders blame Jews and Christians rather than provide good schools, roads, hospitals, housing, jobs, or hope to their people.

For 30 years I lived inside this war zone of oppressive dictatorships and police states. Citizens competed to appease and glorify their dictators, but they looked the other way when Muslims tortured and terrorised other Muslims. I witnessed honour killings of girls, oppression of women, female genital mutilation, polygamy and its devastating effect on family relations. All of this is destroying the Muslim faith from within.

It's time for Arabs and Muslims to stand up for their families. We must stop allowing our leaders to use the West and Israel as an excuse to distract from their own failed leadership and their citizens' lack of freedoms. It's time to stop allowing Arab leaders to complain about cartoons while turning a blind eye to people who defame Islam by holding Korans in one hand while murdering innocent people with the other.'

4 Comments:

At 14/2/06 08:00, Blogger The Fu2rman said...

Outstanding post!

I'm going to use it on The Fu2rman and Friends, and just so you know, I've blogrolled you there as well.

Your comments on The Infidel Bloggers Alliance are always thought provoking and inteligent.

Keep up the great work!

The Fu2rman

 
At 15/2/06 06:24, Blogger von Schlichtningen said...

:-)
I have seen it. Thanks a lot.

I like your insight also. Looking forward to seeing you here, at IBA and at you site.

Peter

 
At 14/1/09 02:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to earn the World of Warcraft Gold very much, I want to have a lot of warcraft gold in the game, and i often go to play the game to earn the wow gold,i do not satisfy the old equipment and so i have to buy wow gold to buy the new equipment to make me strong. If i am very strong in the game i can get some cheap wow gold as the rewards in the game. So i like the game very much.

 
At 6/3/09 04:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do want to know the magic of online games, and here you can get more mabinogi gold. Do you want to have a try? Come on and cheap mabinogi can make you happy.You can change a lot mabinogi money for play games. And you can practice your game skill. Playing online games can make much buy mabinogi gold. I often come here and buy it. And you can use the mabinogi online gold do what you want to do in the online game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home