When will the war start?
The newspaper drawings are causing increasing tensions:
- The Liberian embassy has been closed in Copenhagen
- They are burning Danish flags in Palestine
- They are walking on Danish flags on the pavements in Palestine
- They are warning Danes and other Scandinavians to leave Palestine with 48-72 hours
- The Danish ambassador has been called in for discussions by the Jordans
- The following countries are now known to boycott Danish products: Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Jordan, Syria, Egypt and Liberia. But there are probably more
- The EU office in Palestine was occupied by armed men for a brief period
- Stones are thrown at Danish company trucks in Saudi Arabia
- Two Danish Company employees were given a beating in Saudi Arabia
- The Danish state department publish travel advisories for Arab countries containing strong warnings.
- The European Union is becoming involved
- The organization of Muslim countries are asking for a United Nation resolution against Denmark.
Muslims are hurting themselves. A "don't buy Muslim" campaign is growing in Denmark. But as Muslims don't really produce anything in their own countries except for oil extraction - the result is a boycott of Muslim restaurants and shops in Denmark.
The Danish government fortunately still refuses to apologize. The Syrians of course demand the responsible people (the newspaper people and artists behind the drawings?) to be punished and stopped. I presume they would be shot or worse in Syria.